Historical Evolution
CreateDate:2020.08.12

Jiangmen is located at the convergence of the West River and the Pengjiang River and the latter being a tributary of the former. It derived its name from the two hills Penglai and Yandun, which used to stand on opposite sides of the Pengjiang River. By the early Ming era, Jiangmen had already become an important commercial town and meeting place for mer-chants. In 1904, the Jiangmen Customs House was established at Beijie, enabling the city to become an important coastal foreign trade port of China. In 1925 and 1951, it twice became a provincially-administered city. In 1983, Jiangmen was established as a prefecture-level mu-nicipality with several counties under its jurisdiction.

Briefing of This Website:Sitemap | Contact Us| About Us
Copyright Jiangmen Municipal People's Government All Rights Reserved