Historical Evolution
CreateDate:2019.11.19

Jiangmen City is located at the convergence of the West River and the Pengjiang River and latter being a tributary of the former. It derived its name from the two hills Penglai and Yandun, which used to stand on opposite sides of the Pengjiang River. By the early Ming era, Jiangmen had already become an important commercial town and meeting place for merchants. In 1904, the Jiangmen Customs House was established at Beijie, enabling it to become an important coastal foreign trade port of China. In 1925 and 1951, it twice became a provincially-administered city. In 1983, Jiangmen was established as a prefecture-level municipality with several counties under its jurisdiction.

Briefing of This Website : Sitemap | About Us | Contact Us
Hot Links : China Daily | China Vista
Copyright Jiangmen Municipal People's Government All Rights Reserved